Saturday, November 22, 2008

Evening of Excellence


Wednesday was our Evening of Excellence. I got my Young Women's Medallion. My parents have a rule that I can't get my driver's license unless i have my Medallion so I wanted to make sure I have it. Maybe now they will finally take me to get my permit.

Each of the girls had to make a Belief Box. It was a box that we decorated about something that helps strengthen our testimony. Our leaders wanted us to try to do it about something we had done for Personal Progress. I did mine on modesty. For one of my projects I got quotes from guys about modesty. I put these two quotes on the inside of the box:


"Modesty is important. It's good to see a girl dressed modestly. I feel weird around immodest girls and very uncomfortable. Modest is hottest!"
- Josh Black

"I think that modest girls are the hottest! I also know that it makes me really uncomfortable to be around poorly dressed girls."
- Brandon Halls

It is so much easier to dress modestly when we know how important it is to the guys around us. When we realize that immodesty only attracts the type of guys we're not interested in, it makes it so much easier to dress appropriately.

4 comments:

Lynnae said...

I am so proud of you for getting your medallion and the choices you make. You are an amazing girl and we love tons.

brenda said...

Way to go! I have a hard time thinking of you old enough to start driving. I guess I better get used to it. I'm proud of you and the example you set. I know its not always easy but it shows your sisters the right way. Love you.

Katie Coon said...

YAY!! way to go Kaitlyn!!! i'm so proud! :D

Cami D. said...

Congratulations cute girl! I'm so proud of you!